The pro clima range of airtight building systems offers an ‘Intelligent’ vapour control membrane. This differs greatly from conventional vapour barriers and vapour checks as an ‘Intelligent’ membrane may become more vapour open if required. This means that they have the ability to alter their diffusion resistance depending on the average relative humidity surrounding the vapour check, thus ensuring that interstitial condensation risk is minimised, with no structural damage from moisture, mould, rot and damp.
Why build for Airtightness?
Sustainable design and construction to low energy, Passivhaus and Carbon zero homes are now at the forefront of the building and planning process. Codes and standards are in place which aim to reduce carbon emissions and create homes that are healthier and more sustainable.
The only way to achieve Passivhaus, low energy and zero carbon buildings is to ensure a high level of airtightness is attained.
That means designing and installing a continuous seal around the internal fabric of the external envelope to eliminate unwanted draughts. Once the airtight vapour check is in place and sealed with durable and flexible tapes, seals and glues, it ensures that the insulation functions to its optimum performance, saving energy and drastically reducing carbon emissions for the lifetime of the building.
The airtight vapour check also ensures that interstitial condensation risk is minimised, ensuring no structural damage from moisture, mould, rot and damp.
pro clima Intello Plus Intelligent airtight vapour check features humidity variable diffusion resistant. It gives maximum protection to thermal insulation where moisture entry may have occured. This may be through leaks, damp installed building materials or diffusion through adjoining structural surfaces. Intello Plus features the world’s best and most effective variable diffusion resistance.
This ensures optimum protection for all fibrous insulating materials in all constructions, whether they are vapour diffusion permeable or vapour diffusion resistance externally such as pitched roofs with bitumen sheeting or metal sheet roofing, flat roofs and walls with a diffusion resistant exterior cladding.
- Provides optimum protection for all thermal insulation systems in roofs, walls and floors.
- Offers high diffusion tightness in winter and maximum diffusion openness in summer.
- In winter, its high diffusion resistance provides ideal protection for the building’s structure against condensation.
- In summer, its low diffusion resistance facilitates rapid drying.
- It is translucent, easy to install, fully recyclable.
- It offers the ideal solution to structures that are difficult to protect against condensation e.g. flat roofs, flexible metal sheeting, etc.
- Intello Plus provides lasting protection against mould growth, thereby protecting the health of the occupants and ensuring structural durability.
- Meets with the durability requirements of EN 13984.
- Has a very high nail tear resistance due to reinforcing layer.
If pipes or cables penetrate the airtightness layer, they too must be securely sealed. The most suitable means of doing this is with airtightness grommets made from EPDM. This flexible material allows a tight flexible fit, and ROFLEX is available in all common diameters. ROFLEX grommets should be sealed to membrane with TESCON No. 1/VANA.
|Roflex 20||15-30mm pipe diameter||145mm x 145mm perimeter|
|Roflex 30||30-50mm pipe diameter||140mm x 140mm perimeter|
|Roflex 50||50-90mm pipe diamater||140mm x 140mm perimeter|
|Roflex 100||100-120mm pipe diameter||200mm x 200mm perimeter|
|Roflex 150||120-170mm pipe diameter||250mm x 250mm perimeter|
|Roflex 200||170-220mm pipe diamater||300mm x 300mm perimeter|
|Roflex 250||220-270mm pipe diameter||450mm x 450mm perimeter|
|Roflex 300||270-320mm pipe diameter||500mm x 500mm perimeter|
- TESCON VANA is used to form a secure and permanent seal of overlaps between foil and fleece membranes (Intelligent vapour checks and airtightness membranes, roof underlays and wall membranes) and joints between such membranes and smooth, non-mineral surfaces.
- TESCON VANA is also suitable for sealing butt joints between wood-based panels such as OSB or MDF sub-roof panels or wood fibre softboards (e.g.GUTEX) in combination with TESCON Primer RP.
- With release paper.
- Easy to install.
- TESCON VANA is also available in widths of 150mm which is ideal for wood fibreboard applications.
The airtightness of angled joints is important. Sealing is simplified with the corner adhesive tape TESCON PROFIL. It features two release paper strips. This allows you to “activate” a single part of the adhesive surface and to seal corners junction by junction.
- Suitable for sealing reveals at windows,doors, planed timber, corners and roof windows to the Intelligent airtight vapour check.
- Ensures high protection against piercing in corners due to its high elasticity.
ORCON F has exceptionally high adhesion properties while also being elastic. Its outstanding adhesion to building materials gives the joint the necessary safety and longevity. It is suitable for bonding all of the pro clima vapour checks and air-proofing membranes, PE/PA/PP and aluminium foils to other building materials regardless of smooth, rough or smooth stony surface. Unstable or crumbling surfaces either need to be removed or sanded and stabilised using Tescon Primer RP. An easy press extrusion gun is available with 600ml refill tubes. Please contact for further details. Features
- High strength on building material substrates.
- Airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and ÖNorm B8110-2.
- Airtight outdoor joints, e.g. vapour check for external roof insulation or sub-and-top refurbishment vapour check for re-roofing.
- Wind-proof bonding of roof underlay and facade membranes.
- Greater resistance to high humidity on site.
TESCON Primer RP can be applied to wood, wood fibreboards, block structure, roof structure, walls and concrete floors. Tescon Primer RP is recommended for the preparation of the surface for the application of pro clima tapes such as TESCON NO.1, TESCON VANA, and TESCON PROFIL, as well as the adhesive compounds ORCON F/ORCON LINE and ECO COLL. For a permanent connection the surface should be smooth, dry and stable. Surfaces should be clean and free from any loose materials, dust or sawdust (broom clean). Application of Tescon Primer RP is not possible on frozen surfaces.
Surface must be suitable for priming. Concrete, sand and cement or skimmed surfaces must be fully cured and dried before Tescon Primer RP can be applied.
For speedy application no drying of primer is required, bonding to wet primer is possible using Tescon No. 1 or Tescon Vana tapes.
- Deep penetration into substrate.
- Strengthens the substrate.
- Solvent free.
- Suitable with all pro clima tapes & glues.
Contega Solido SL is an airtight window and door sealing tape with vapour control properties. Contega Solido SL has a full surface waterproof solid adhesive backing offering excellent bonding to mineral surfaces. The tape full fleece face can be easily plastered over.
Vapour retadring and airtight sealing of indoor window and door joints.
Can be plasterd over the fleece face
3 strip adhesive backing available in widths 80, 100, 150, 200mm
Suitable for both pre and post window & door installation